Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quinoa Ginger Pecan Muffins

I've been on a little bit of health kick lately. Not only because I wanted to get a bit healthier (and more in shape), but because my doctor told me I needed to. It's kind of scary when someone else, especially your doctor, tells you that you need to get healthier; it hits home a bit more. So, I have been trying to follow the Mediterranean diet, exercise some, and bake things that could be considered not all bad for you. That's where this recipe comes in. It is full of healthy and filling quinoa, some dried fruit and nuts, and it goes nicely with an egg, for breakfast.

First, gather the ingredients, cook the quinoa, cut up the apricots, roast the nuts, etc. Oops - forgot the ginger in the picture. Do not forget this in the recipe as it adds a lot of flavor! You can see there is a box of Bisquick there, which isn't normally the most healthy seeming thing, but you don't use very much and it does add a good texture to the muffin.


Then, mix everything together

and put it into muffin tins and bake

Super easy, supper yummy, and good for you, too!

How can you go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment