Monday, May 31, 2010

60th Birthday Cupcakes

I wish I had a good reason for my lack of blogging lately. Well, I actually do - my Grams has been in and out of the hospital, I've been really busy at work, and I've been busy worrying about baking 50 some cupcakes for my Dad's 60th Birthday party. Cupcakes that his friends would be eating (and judging). These cupcakes were to take the place of a cake, and this was a huge birthday, so it needed something good. Those all would be good reasons for not baking or blogging, but I have baked a few things and have just been lazy about blogging.


***

June 7, 2010

That was my entry when I started it last week. However, since then my Grams has been put on hospice care and, though I am getting many requests for new blog posts, I fear I am not up to any just yet, nor am I baking at this point - just trying to spend some time with the woman who was for years like a mother to me, at times my best friend and always the best grandmother ever and an amazing role model.

Below are two pictures of the cupcakes I referred to above. Regrettably, we didn't take the time document the process, but at least we got a couple of the finished product. My Dad and everyone seemed very pleased with them, including me! I must give due credit to my wonderful friend Claire though, whom I couldn't have done it without. She claims she knew barely anything about baking, but you'd never know it.

We made key lime pie cupcakes, which were white cupcakes filled with key lime pie filling (sweetened condensed milk and key lime juice), topped with a lime juice whipped cream and lime slices; white chocolate strawberry cupcakes, which were white cupcakes with strawberry extract (homemade) and white chocolate chips in them and a strawberry cream cheese frosting; and chocolate raspberry cupcakes, which were chocolate mayonnaise cupcakes stuffed with raspberries topped with a dark chocolate raspberry butter cream frosting.




May my Dad have many more happy years, may my Grams not suffer in her last days and know that she was very loved, and may you all be well. I'll be writing at you again soon...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the cupcakes look SUPER GREAT and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri - Thanks for posting. It is always a joy to read your blog! I will be thinking of you and your Grams. Take care and let me know if there is anything I can do to make life easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Dana. It means a lot to have such wonderful and supportive people in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout-out ;)

    I'll be keeping you and your Grams in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete