Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chicken Thighs (or Apple Dumplings)

WOW! I started this post almost 2 months ago and never finished it! I think (ashamedly) that may be a new record.

So, this was a recipe from my favorite food blog, The Pioneer Woman, called Apple Dumplings. As is the case most often, I needed a recipe for dessert one night we had some friends over. I wanted to make something delicious and something they had not yet seen me make. Well, Ree has quickly become my go to lady for just those kinds of recipes.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures while I was making these, and even until they were half gone. But, trust me the weird sounding mountain dew, crescent rolls, and tons of sugar concoction's end result is something worth trying.


The reason I refer to chicken thighs in the title of this post is because Nick kept saying that they looked and were shaped like chicken thighs. And, when asking for leftovers, he repeatedly asked for "some more of those chicken thighs." That Nick! However, I do have to admit that he is kind of right. :)


That is all I am going to say about this recipe, because let's face it, Ree can say it better than me any day. Be sure to check out her blog too!

No comments:

Post a Comment