Wednesday, December 1, 2010

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

Nick says it looks like "Martha threw up Christmas in our house." That is Martha Stewart he is talking about, of course. And, I love Martha, so normally having anything I did be compared to Martha would be an honor, but I am not so sure here. Christmas is not really something Nick enjoys. However, he says that my sincere love of it helps redeem it and let him enjoy it some.

And, in case you haven't gotten it yet, I LOVE Christmas. Therefore, I try to make sure our house looks like it, starting with the tree. My dear Grams (yes, her again) and my Grandpa used to have a tradition with a couple of friends of theirs of going up North for a weekend and finding trees to cut down and put in their homes. After a while, it became a contest to see who could find the largest and then fit the largest into their house. I have many a picture of my Grams' house and their large Christmas trees. Mine may not be real (can't have real in our condo), and it may not be that large, but I still cherish it and all that it reminds me of.

No comments:

Post a Comment